KNOW THE SIGNS: Are you or a loved one struggling?
It can happen to anyone. Have you noticed changes in your, or a loved ones, personality or behavior? Are you worried that your pain medication will run out and you won’t be able to get access to more? Have your co-workers, friends or family made comments to you? If so, continue reading.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of the signs and symptoms below about yourself or a loved one, call us. We can help you regain control again.
Have you noticed any…
- Defying authority, breaking rules, or getting in trouble at work
- Irritable or short tempered
- Abruptly breaking off relationships
- Difficulties with memory, concentration or confusion
- Low energy levels
- Poor hygiene
- Use of cover-ups such as sunglasses, breath mints, incense and room fresheners
- Constipation, difficulty urinating, decreased libido and/or sexual performance issues
- Inappropriate or excessive use of medications, taking more than is prescribed or running out early
- Use of heroin to help with pain as a less expensive alternative to medication
- Preoccupation with obtaining or using substances
- Suffering withdrawal symptoms when you try to cut back
- Using drugs in the morning as a wake up
- Trying to stop using drugs or alcohol but couldn’t
- Feeling guilty about using drugs
- Work, home or school responsibilities have suffered
- Lying to people about your drug and/or alcohol use
- Drinking or drug use causes symptoms such as shaking, vomiting or paranoia
- Finding it difficult to have a good time without using substances